By Robert L. Reymond
A modern, foundational assertion of vintage reformed religion, now revised and updated.
- Comprehensive, coherent, contextual, and conversational
- Scripture-saturated, with extra exegesis and extra Scripture quotations than different one-volume theologies
- Upholds vintage Calvinist positions on baptism, the Trinity, church govt, and lots more and plenty more
- Interacts with modern matters and the paintings of different theologians
- Reveals the author's heat and sensitivity born of greater than 25 years as a professor at best Reformed seminaries
- Numerous appendices masking unique issues; plentiful assets for extra learn via footnotes, and a selective bibliography
- A textbook for theology scholars, a life-long reference for libraries, ministers, academics, theologians
Read Online or Download A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated PDF
Best christian theology books
Song's theology is a startling rebuke to Christologies established both in historical-critical searches or church doctrines. For music, theology is the biography of God, and God's reign is obvious in tales of God's saving presence in Jesus. The reign of God in Jesus "becomes take place via events of individuals to be unfastened from the shackles of the previous, to alter the established order of the current, and to have a task to play within the arrival of the long run.
Christianity Unshackled follows the advance of Western idea over the final 2,000 years, displaying how Christianity has grown up side-by-side with Western philosophy. nice blunders have resulted from that entanglement, basically simply because Western philosophy has its roots within the historical Greek worldview.
That includes updates, revisions, and new essays from a number of students in the Christian culture, The Blackwell significant other to Christian Ethics, moment version finds how Christian worship is the strength that shapes the ethical lifetime of Christians. positive aspects new essays on category, race, incapacity, gender, peace, and the virtues incorporates a variety of revised essays and various new authors The leading edge and influential technique organizes moral subject matters round the form of Christian worship the unique variation is the main profitable to-date within the partners to faith sequence
The Hidden guy of the guts involves a sequence of displays at the position of the center within the non secular lifetime of the Christian, with specified connection with the Hesychast culture of the Orthodox Church, together with of the main influential figures in modern Christianity: Saint Silouan the Athonite (1866–1938) and Elder Sophrony of Essex (1896–1993).
- The Common Good and Christian Ethics (New Studies in Christian Ethics)
- Dancing Theology in Fetish Boots
- Worldview: The History of a Concept
- A Portrait of Christ: Drawn from a Study of the Apostle Paul's Letter to the Hebrews (Paul's Primers Book 3)
Extra info for A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated
A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated by Robert L. Reymond